BA & BA (hons) in Digital Film & Video
With projects such as short film, special effects, music video and recording and interactive audio, this course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to work in the vibrant fi lm/video/sound industry, which employs over 6,000 people in Ireland.
It is practically oriented, covering every aspect of studio and location production design and these are complimented with relevant theoretical, historical and contextual studies.
Digital Film & Video is an exciting and evolving area straddling technology, digital film / video, narrative and advertising, sound recording and creative audio. Creativity, artistry, communication and innovation are at the heart of everything we do. We champion and foster a culture of creative exploration, artistic expression, mastery and risk-taking.
Our goal is to develop graduates who can think imaginatively and bring their ideas and the ideas of others to life through a creative and artistic approach to digital communication.
3 Years for level 7 Ordinary Degree
+ 1 Year for level 8 Honours Degree
Practice based learning
Work across a wide spectrum of digital media; audio, video, motion design
Five great reasons to apply
- A hands-on approach to the use of professional sound recording & digital video equipment
- Access to a purpose built audio video studio and other digital media studios
- Expert tuition, help and advice in both the practical and theoretical sides of digital media
- Opportunities to get involved in the exciting evolution of digital media interactivity
- Insights into the work of digital media professionals with guest lecturers, seminars and field trips.