BA & BA Hons in Animation
Animation appears everywhere - as children's cartoons, advertisements, music videos, computer games, title sequences, special effects and as experimental and short films. There is no limit to the variety of materials and methods that can be used to make animated films. The creative possibilities in producing animation make it the ideal media for anyone who wants to see their ideas come vividly to life.
This is a creative animation course allowing you to experiment with a wide variety of techniques from drawn and cut out through plasticine and claymation to 3D computer animation before specialising in one particular area or technique in the later years of the programme.
Throughout the programme, you will study the history of animation, from the early Victorian toys such as the zoetrope through to the sophistication of today's animation blockbuster films and the current thriving animation scene in Ireland
3 Years for level 7 Ordinary Degree
+1 Year for level 8 Honours Degree
Ideas/storytelling/scriptwriting are as important as technical skills
Digital animation, both 3D using Maya and 2D using Adobe After Effects and Flash
Develop your own unique visual style
Five great reasons to apply
- Course is a mixture of 80% practical and 20% theoretical modules allowing plenty of hands-on real world experience
- Industry links with studio visits and live projects with animation studios
- Use industry standard software such as Maya, After Effects and ToonBoom
- Learn the techniques and skills required to work in the Animation industry
- Lecturers who are practicing animators